Wednesday 29 October 2008

Curry in a hurry

There are some recipes I turn to time and time again, reliable standbys that I can depend on. This recipe for chicken curry is one of them. What I like about this recipe is it's simplicity, the fact that I always have the ingredients to hand, and best of all it's sheer deliciousness. It takes very little time to prepare and, unlike a lot of curries is also quite healthy making this a perfect weekday meal.
The original recipe is from The River Cottage Family Cookbook by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall and Fizz Carr, an excellent book for learning cookery basics.
I served my curry with fragrant rice, simply add cardamom, a couple of cloves and turmeric to the rice before cooking.

Simple chicken curry

A simple recipe for a great curry.

See Simple chicken curry on Key Ingredient.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks really good but I never ever at least half of those ingredients in. You must have a well stocked cupboard!

Sylvie said...

Sam, a great weeknight dinner!

Mike of Mike's Table said...

A good and quick curry is a great thing to have in the arsenal, especially considering how laborious many can be. It looks delicious!

Beth (jamandcream) said...

Curry is a fave in our house. The hotter the better for hubby!!!

Joie de vivre said...

I bet you could throw this into the slow cooker in the morning for an even quicker evening meal. I'm going to be trying it soon. (I just think of the slow cooker because we're having lamb curry tonight that I put in this morning. Our house smells AMAZING!)

Amanda said...

Looks great, Sam. I especially like that there's no pre-measured curry powder. Sure, that stuff is good, too, but there's something about doing it yourself that makes it a special meal.

Pam said...

I love meals that I can make from ingredients I have on hand. This curry looks delicious - great photo.

Hopie said...

I love curries. There are so many ways to make them, and all so yummy. I make a point of buying spices little by little because its expensive to build up your stock, but once you have them, you can make so many delicious meals at the drop of a hat. I always have the ingredients for curry on hand :-)

Andrea said...

That looks so good, and a healthy and easy curry?! Sign me up. We are complete curry lovers here, especially my sister. I'll have to give this a try next time she comes for a visit!

anudivya said...

That sure does not look like you made it in a hurry! Looks amazing.